1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

boss sk10 skid box plow

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by mnguy, Jan 31, 2015.

1. mnguy

mnguy Member

I have a almost new 3 snowfalls boss box plow noticed it's leaving snow behind. The cutting edge is 1/2 inch higher than the skid shoes do you adjust the skid shoes up to the next whole? There are 3 total holes I am wondering what the proper way is. If the shoes are higher than the cutting edge won't it keep tripping and lose snow under the shoes.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

There adjustment for the cutting edge?

3. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

I found you have to play with the tilt every time you pick up the box after a run and keep the box floating then it peels the snow up not problems. Dickin with the tilt is a bit of a pia.

4. mnguy

mnguy Member

I don't think there is a way to adjust the cutting edge is there?

5. brasski

brasski Member

Raise the shoes 1 hole and it will scrape. I just had to do mine now works great.

6. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

What holes are to talking about? pics? Mine are slotted . for the shoes and never stay where i want them no matter how tight i get them .

7. brasski

brasski Member

Mine is the new SK model and it has 3 holes on the shoes for adjustment.

8. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

Any pics of the setup ?Close up ones ? needing to fabric something for the older ones, didnt know they changed them, I guess they figured out that there was a problem with the old design. I bought mine first year , Also when i installed the cutting edge, the bolts they gave me hit the support for the sides. Had to cut them down and install them the opposite way. Thought that would be thought out better. Thought it was maybe the supports were welded lower on one but the other one i bought was the same . Guess they had a brain fart.

9. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

Do you have a cutting edge mounted or are you still wearing down the base angle

10. brasski

brasski Member

Have pics but have not taken the time to figure out how to post them.I would cut a piece of steel and drill holes 3/4 of an inch apart and weld it over the slots in the shoes with longer bolts.Mine is new this year so yes I'm still wearing the base angle.

11. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

we have bx-10s and sk10s.. the bx "last years" or original had a slot, which was great, but the bolts always move, and eventually all bolts move up in highest position, meaning edge is at lowest setting.

sk have three holes, just move the bolts down a hole so the two side shoes ride an inch higher and the edge is an inch lower.

12. Dan082

Dan082 Junior Member

sk

just out of curiosity how much did you guys pay for the sk 10'? I think I am going to put one on a cat 272D

13. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

Paid 2600 out the door for ours.

14. Dan082

Dan082 Junior Member

That's a steal, I was looking at the metal pless 8-13' which are priced around $7200-7500 boss seems like the way to For 1/3 the price and less parts to break

15. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

We were looking at some cheap rubber edge pushers and decided to price the Boss as thats all we run on trucks. Very pleased with the price, and after the 2 pushes we have kn it, very happy with the scrape.

16. brasski

brasski Member

Paid $2400 otd for both of mine. I'm very happy with them for the price and feel they scrape very well I just can't get myself to spend 7-9 grand on a pusher.

17. Dan082

Dan082 Junior Member

Tell me about it! Not to mention how much the machine pushing it costs. What machine do you have?

18. brasski

brasski Member

I have a 2012 S-750 and a 2014 S-650 both with Westside tire kit on them.

19. Dan082

Dan082 Junior Member

I'm sure there is a huge difference between snow tires vs stock but we're you not able to push the box with stock tires or did you just slide around to much, trying to decide if I should get them, picking up my 272d tomorrow morning and a 10' box later on during the day

20. brasski

brasski Member

I have tried the stock tires years ago and they suck in the snow too hard. They start to spin and just make ice. Buy the snow kits and you will NOT be disappointed best money I ever spent.