1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

boss site

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by boba, Feb 28, 2002.

1. boba

boba Senior Member

What happened to the boss plow site?

2. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

I don't own a boss plow but I think I do know what happened. A few days ago I could not get on Plowsite and then 30 minutes later I tried again and got in. Plowsite was down for awhile. I think that's when the Boss and Western forums was missing. I have no idea what went wrong with Plowsite at that time :confused: but my guess is that when plowsite went down they went to a backup which may not have everything in it.

3. administrator

administrator Guest

Nope, LS may have been down for a few minutes for a router change.

The BOSS forum is gone because they don't want to reply to the threads via the forum. They want me to email them each one so they can reply that way... I simply don't have the time for that.

MFG's and PlowSite.com need to work together to figure out how mfg's and the community can communicate. We understand how busy mfg's become during the peek months and im not sure they can justify spending daily time responding to issues adn the community.

Chuck

4. boba

boba Senior Member

That's too bad. I would think Boss would be happy users were discussing their product. It only makes me think they can't stand the "exposure."

5. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

Maybe i'm wrong,but it seems like at least 1/2 of the Boss buyers this season had problems with their Boss plows,right off the bat(me included),the exposure they were getting wasnt good IMO,so they had no reason to continue lurking here from there point of generating sales,or interest in their products.

6. boba

boba Senior Member

I guess I'm lucky than. Second year running a 9.2 V plow on a Ford SD F-350 without any problems.

7. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

yea it's too bad about boss and western I myself have a diamond plow and a fisher sander.It's a good idea to have them in this site too bad they don't like to really help people with there products.I would think they would want to have someone monitoring the site to answer all the questions about there products,heven knows it's hard to get ahlod of them via regular email .

8. bgrover

bgrover Member

I know I was inpressed by them responding to the forum. When I was looking to purchase my first plow this January I took it as a plus that the mfg. responded to the forum and acknowledge the problem.

BTW, I did purchase a BOSS and had the mods done to fix the problem, now if it would only snow........

9. #1westernwelder

#1westernwelder Junior Member

western help

cat320 too bad they don't like to really help people with there products.I would think they would want to have someone monitoring the site to answer all the questions about there products 'aha' you asked and you will recieve I can help. need a question to be answered and that you shall have.