1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss sight alignment

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by cameo89, Jan 8, 2008.

1. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

I see a few of these sight alignment kits on ebay, do any of you use these? are they worth the $20.00 Plus my time to install?
    Thanks inadvance for any and all input, Yon

2. 2500Hemi

2500Hemi Junior Member

I don't really want that red thing on my truck. I usually use the "crease" in my hood as a reference for the left light. If the hood is covered with snow it can be a pain sometimes. Once you get used to it you will be able to pull right up to it.
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Same thing.. unless the truck has a bug shield on it most guys don't like the red "antenna" sticking up on the front of the hood, even if you cut them down a bit to make them less obtrusive.

They do work pretty good though...
  4. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I agree!:nod:
  5. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

they came with our new plows we didnt even put them on. who wants a red antenna sticking out on the hood?
  6. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Ive got one but dealer said i was a dork if i installed it, haha.

After about 10 succsefull hookups you get it down perfect everytime. I normally just drive with up to it. I dont measure up to anything. I just go by "what looks right". Another thing you could do is practice driving up to it when the light tower is folded over that way you just know the way its supposed to look when you pull up to the plow.
  7. ECS

ECS Senior Member

Make your own. Go to Staples or any store and pick up some small sticky dots. Place one on the back of the plow light and one on the inside of your windshield. I actually used my wife's red nail polish, a small drop on the inside of the windshield and a small dot on the plow light.
  8. millsaps118

millsaps118 Senior Member

I didn't want my installed but the dealer put it on anyway. I took it off and painted it black to match my truck and stuck it back on since they already drilled a hole in my hood. I don't even notice it while I'm driving and find it usefull to have while hooking up.

Most ppl don't put 'em on. I'm sure if you asked around on here, someone on here would be willing to give you one for free if you paid shipping.
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2008
  9. Brandon

Brandon Member

They drilled a hole in your hood??!!!! I'd be pissed!

10. millsaps118

Well not with a drill bit, but with a self tapping machine screw thru the metal. Either way there is a hole in my hood for the mounting screw.

And yes....I was pissed. But what's done is done, not a whole lot I can do about it except ***** to the dealer, but whats that going solve????

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I would also. Thats why I installed my plow myself. That way I could do things the way I wanted.

I also thought about the sight system for my vee, but with drilling into the hood with the self tapper, I just couldn't do it. Even tho it is on the inside it just wasn't something I wanted to look at.
  12. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

The same thing I did when my body man drilled holes in my tailgate :angry:to put the protector on that I didn't tell him to do. Buy me a new tailgate and paint it real nice.......there is such a thing as 3M fasteners that don't drill holes in my new truck.:angry:
  13. Bry@n

Bry@n Senior Member

I have a set that you can have if you pay the postage..
  14. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

I have two you can have............................ come and get them.
  15. Bry@n

Bry@n Senior Member

Hey there, was just getting the shipping quote. Let me know if you still want mine or if your gonna pick up the other two.
  16. millsaps118

Just so both of you guys know.....I don't need 'em, I was just trying to help out the original poster, CAMEO89. He doesn't seem to be replying back though. O'well, he might of bought one off of eBay already.

Anyway...that's cool that you guys are willing to give a fellow PS member something for nothing(except shipping of course). :drinkup::drinkup:
  17. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

sight alignment

Thanks to all that replied,I,ve been busy working on my chevy truck, I sent out a few PM messages to those that had what I was looking for, So ''framer1901'' PM and let me know where you live or I can pay postage to ''Bri@n'' .
    Thank you again for all your helpful input,Cameo89
  18. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

sight alignment

Thanks any way but I just got them from Bry@n
  19. 10elawncare

10elawncare Senior Member

[​IMG] thats where the guy installed mine.. i wouldve had a new hood if he drilled into it!
  20. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

In the alternative, you can get a plow cart from CPW, put the plow on the cart and simply roll the plow up to your truck. That's what I do. It also makes moving the plow really easy as I don't have to hook it up to the truck to move it around.