1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss sideplate extension mod

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by BSDeality, Jan 17, 2012.

1. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

after putting an extra leaf under the front end of my 01 the vXT's didn't mount properly, nor scrape well as it was riding on the nose. I only had one more hole available on the stock plate, I needed 2 more (1" increments). It wasn't until I hooked the plow up that I realized the extra leaf added nearly 3" of lift to the nose. :realmad:

$15 for some scrap steel and aluminum (for another project) and I came home and got real comfy in front of the drill press. Cranked up the heat on the lincoln mig and went to town.

steel is 3/8 (vs 5/16" factory). In case anyone else needs or wants the info.

Holes are 6.5" C to C front to back, and 1" C to C vertical. Hole size is 9/16. I added on a piece of 3"x8" flat stock. after seaming the plates, i put a flate plate cover to help take some more abuse.

sideplateextension.jpg

2. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Looks good !