1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

boss Salt spreaders

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by ukiekozak, Sep 12, 2008.

1. ukiekozak

ukiekozak Junior Member

does any one know how good the boss salt spreaders
  2. 08F3506.4L

08F3506.4L Member

I have a boss spreader... 800lb worked great for me last year. The only problem I had was when it was really cold like 0 sometimes salt would stick to the sides and you would have to go back and push it down. We only spread bagged salt in this spreader. expensive
  3. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I dont have one or know anyone with one so anymore input is appreciated because I was thinking about getting one for my new truck.:)
  4. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

Boss makes a descent salt spreader but we have had problems with their motors. I believe they have corrected this problem (but we haven't installed a new one yet this year).
  5. ukiekozak

ukiekozak Junior Member

Thanks :waving:for the help any more input is appreciated. I love my boss vee with wings i would hope there spreaders ae just as good as there plows
  6. Farm Boss

Farm Boss Senior Member

I have used mine a ton, zero problems with mine! Love it and its easy to put on! Ran many pallets out of it and no trouble. Same as my Boss plow, would tell anyone to get it!