1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

BOSS RTII won't come off truck

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Bossplower, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Bossplower

Bossplower Member

My Boss RTII won't come off truck. The handle won't pull forward
    and I don't know why. Can someone please help me with this .
    some one had to of had this problem before ,Than again just my luck. Thanks Steve
  2. Lawn Lad

Lawn Lad Senior Member

I'm assuming when you say, "The handle won't pull forward..." you're referring to the two pins. If this is the case then I would say you have to much tension/pressure on the pins. Is the plow on level ground? You could try putting a floor jack under the plow unit or sub frame to play with the tension on the pins until they release. This is a real PITA and you shouldn't have to do this obviously. If you're talking about something else - please elaborate.
  3. bgrover

bgrover Member

Like Lawn Lad said some more details please.

I know on mine after flipping the levers from on to off I sometimes have to push the button up like I'm going to mount the plow a couple of times to releve the pressure on the pins so they will snap out. But I've never had them hang.
  4. flmusj

flmusj Junior Member

Put your switch in the down position and shake the head gear assembly. This will relieve any of the pressure on your cylinders. If the lever still won't move the rod must be froze in the bushings.
  5. mulchmonkey2000

mulchmonkey2000 Senior Member

they might be frozen....that and a little pressure from not sitting perfectly level will do it
  6. Bossplower

Bossplower Member

RTII plow

My plow has a handle that locks in place when you slip a pin through it. When I take the pin out the handle won't pull forward
    The jaws must be stuck around the plow but if you drop plow and pull forward they should be loose enough to take the plow off. Tried everything accept getting under truck and prying pins up if I can. Maybe this info will help any suggestions.
    Thanks Steve