1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

boss rt3 wont raise???

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by plybelvedere57, Dec 21, 2009.

1. plybelvedere57

plybelvedere57 Junior Member

Hi, I need help. I have 2 boss. rt3 plow that wont raise. have power to unit pump only builds 400psi. angles work ok. I replaced complete motor and pump assy. . took one apart and found nothing wrong. anyone had this problem. motors spin fast enough as i reused one electric motor on another plow worked ok. any adjustements? thanks in advance! Brian
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Odd to have two different units with the exact same issue. Did you try adjusting the pump relief's to see if the pumps are capable of more pressure?

Didn't find anything peculiar in the reservoirs, magnets or screens?
  3. plybelvedere57

plybelvedere57 Junior Member

hi, yes same problem on 2 systems. I have 5 boss and had very good luck with them. I tryed to adj pressure on one and no difference. I completly dissasembeled one yesterday and found nothing out of the ordinary. if we helped lift the blade it would go up and hold there also goes down and hold at stop on the way down. I replaced 2 complete power units so problem is not in valve body. I cannot get the rest of the relief velve out my sockets are too thick to fit in the hole. I will check that after the holiday.
    to all here have a safe and happy holiday, then let it snowsnow snow!!!
  4. Bow_Extreme

Bow_Extreme Junior Member

Was there any resolution to this issue as I have the same problem with mine. Thank you very much.