1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss RT3 Mounting problem

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by lude1990, Jan 28, 2011.

1. lude1990

lude1990 Senior Member

Ok I have a 84 f250 6.9 diesel and im went to go put my mount on and the push plate wont even come close to going on the front of the frame horns because the radiator support is in the way. Has anyone else had this problem??? or do you cut in to the support???

The mount has to slide back like 2 more inches just to even come close. The room is there to cut it out but he mount will be almost touching the radiator.

I know the truck has not been it also clean title.
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
  2. lude1990

lude1990 Senior Member

Has anyone else put a boss rt3 mount on a 6.9 diesel truck before??? I found out that the radiator is larger then normal. What have you guys done to make a boss rt3 mount fit?? I know i am going to have to cut it just would like to see what everyone else has done before I cut mine.