1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss RT3 installation questions

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by james.j.smith, Nov 10, 2012.

1. james.j.smith

james.j.smith Senior Member
    from 19033

I am picking up a RT# for amy 2003 F250 tomorrow. I'm buying it used and the seller is telling me that the mount ant wiring are universal. but I would need to buy or fabricate side mounts. Can anyone tell me if this statement is correct? Can I buy just the side mounts for a Boss plow? Also Is the wiring harness universal?

I'm debating on buying the specific ones for my truck I found a guy that has them for sale. how are is it to install the plow on my 2003 f-250. I use to work on my 1991 f250 meyer set-up al the time. I did not install it myself but had to redo the wiring at one point.

thanks for any help and install tips in advance.

2. james.j.smith

from 19033

aslo is the rt3 a good plow, I have no experience with Boss beside that they are a great manufacture

3. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

Welcome!
    The truck side mount is universal between the straight and V plows. but for a V plow you will need the correct wiring harness (IIRC its a 13 pin? )

OR are you asking if the push box is universal and all you need are the side plates that go from the frame to the push box? in that case Im not 100% but I dont think they are due to different frame widths on your truck. Some might cross though?

[​IMG]

the RT3 is the style hook up of the plow (which are currently used)

RT2 mount Chevy:
    [​IMG]

RT3 Mount Ford:
    [​IMG]

4. james.j.smith

from 19033

I guess I'm asking about the push mounts. the plow I'm thinking of buying is a straight blade and I'm told that the the truck side mount is universal and that I would just need to get different side plates for it to work on my truck and that the wiring harness is universal and would work on my truck. from the pictures that I recieved it looks like the truck that its on is a late 90's for pre 200 f250 body style.

5. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Don't know what the seller is talking about here because EVERY different application requires a different plow mount.If you go to Boss's site,you will find the correct part # that you need.The wiring harnesses are universal pretty much EXCEPT for the headlights which will require some kind of Boss adapter wiring harness.

6. bigboss1977

bigboss1977 Senior Member
    from Utah

AWESOME plow!!! I hired a sub last year as a just in case. I didn't use him once although he always used me with his plows always having problems. You won't be sorry you bought a boss plow that's for sure. Thumbs Up

7. Mopard

Mopard Senior Member