1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss RT3 Coupler Spring Pins Not Aligning With Holes

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by thetrub, Dec 28, 2012.

1. thetrub

thetrub Junior Member

Hello, I just finished installing an RT3 Straight Blade Boss Snow Plow. I cant get the plow on the truck. When I raise the Coupler Tower using the Smart Hitch switch, it raises fine, but the coupler spring pin does not align with it's mating hole (the hole is higher than the coupler spring pin). I have the 14.5 " from ground to the push beam pin receiver hole that Boss recommends. I called Boss and they said the kick stand was set to high. I tried lowering it and still the same results. Anybody ever run into this problem when installing this type of plow? Thanks.

2. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

last i knew all standard duty/super duty/ v / and v-xt's the truck side is supposed to be set at 15 1/2 inches from center of hole to ground 141/2 inches is for sport duty plows

also know what type of truck and how it is set up helps on getting answers

Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  3. thetrub

thetrub Junior Member

Yes-Sport Duty

Yes you are correct....it is a sport duty. Had a thought...could it be something loose on the plow slipping under load? Thanks.:D

4. thetrub

thetrub Junior Member

Its a 2001 Chevy Suburban 4x4

Forgot to mention its a 2001 Chevy Suburban 4x4.

5. thetrub

thetrub Junior Member

Figured it Out

I think I figured it out. I bought a used mount and have the wrong push beam assembly. All parts on the mount, RT3 and Sport Duty are the same with the exception of the pushbeam assembly. They look identical from the pictures, but there must be some difference because the part numbers are different. I wonder if I could modify the RT3 to a Sport Duty Pushbeam?

6. Spool it up

Spool it up Senior Member

:eek::eek::eek:

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

That would certainly do it.

You're not going to "easily" (but properly) change the mounting hooks on the pushbeam without major surgery or cost. So your best approach is to purchase the correct Sport Duty pushbeam even if it means purchasing it new. Fortunately they're not expensive.