1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss RT2 V Plow Mont Needed for 88 Chevy 2500

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by BIG AL IN NJ, Dec 17, 2005.

BIG AL IN NJ Junior Member

Hello all,

I just purchased a used 8' 2" Boss V plow I believe it is a RT2 it came off a 89 Ford F-250.

I need the brackets to mount to my truck (88 Silverado 2500 4X4)

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated

2. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Thats not a RT-II

That looks to be a standard mount.

Where the mount stayed on the truck, elec/hyd pump was under hood, and two lift chains lifted the plow. It was a pre '93 mount.

Just trying to help you out, as you'd be asking for something you couldn't use.

You have a few options....

Find a NOS truck side mount. (may be difficult, call factory they may be able to help)

Fab a custom truck side mount.

Convert to a RT-II (still hard to find) T-frame and mount.

GOOD LUCK! You have a pink elephant of a plow!

BIG AL IN NJ Junior Member

Hey I looked on the Boss website I think you are right

What is a NOS?

The RT2 has 2 lift cylinders. I have a single ram and 2 chains

I have a mount but it came off a Ford

I have the pump HCU and controlls

I may need to have adapt what I have to fit my truck or call Boss to see what is available

Thanks for the info
  4. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

N.O.S. = New Old Stock

Applies to parts that are still new, but sitting around a parts dept for several decades collecting dust.

There may still be some out there.

Call BOSS.

Get a list of old dealers that were around back in the beginning. Call them and see if you can help them get rid of some of their dust collectors!

I'm not real familiar with that old style truckside mount. But like a lot of plow companies, the upper part (light tower) was the same on all truck brands, with the lower frame mount being truck specific. So you might not need all that much steel.

Either way, first call should be to the Boss factory.