1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss rt2 not working need help

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by lawnprofrench, Jan 12, 2014.

1. lawnprofrench

lawnprofrench Junior Member

I have a 7'6" RT2 Serial #31608 my passenger side wing is stuck in the forward position, the drivers side is stuck in the back position, the up and down switch moves the plow up & down, the right wing switch moves the plow up & down (will not move the wing at all) the left wing switch moves the plow up & down also (will not move the wing at all). I removed and cleaned the 3 Valve's & Coil's checked the screen cartridge also. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

2. lawnprofrench

Anyone!!!!

3. camp61

camp61 Member

Check for corrosion and water at the plow to truck connection. My Boss 8' Super Duty all of a sudden only went right when I pushed any direction button. Cleaned and regreased and working great now.

4. Mr. Mud

Mr. Mud Member

I found once that until my frame mount on the truck got shined up, I wasn't getting a good enough ground. I know that the wiring should be taking care of that, but the head lights and controls were always goofy after sitting all summer or for an extended period in the winter and rusting up. I used a 8 inch angle grinder with a wire brush to get between the hookups on the rod and things always worked again. MUD

5. lawnprofrench

Thanks for the help, did both the above suggestions and still not working. Keep the suggestions coming.

6. Mr. Mud

Mr. Mud Member

Well lawn pro, have you solved the issue yet?

7. lawnprofrench

Not yet, I have taken the Hydraulic Valve Assembly off and broke it all the way down. The coil's have a white corrosion on the inside and a couple have a little rust I'm getting them cleaned up and going to see if that will fix it. When this started acting up I bit the bullet and got a new truck and making this my new backup, so I've been working on it at a slow pace.

8. Mr. Mud

Mr. Mud Member

It has been a few years since I sold my RT-2. It hardly ever gave me problems. I remember I had to change a rocker switch towards the end because it went bad, but I don't remember how it was diagnosed. I found one switch at a dealer about 100 miles away and that is why I finally decided to upgrade(parts availability). Keep us posted.

9. lawnprofrench

After getting it all cleaned up & back together today it works. Thanks for the help.