1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss RT1 V plow part source.

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Trowber24, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Trowber24

Trowber24 Junior Member

Hello, I have an old Boss RT-1 V 7'6" plow and will be needig parts like a new cutting edge, hydraulic cylinders, etc. it seems like there are very few parts suppliers for these old plows. Anyone know of an online company that sells aftermarket parts for them? Thanks!

2. Trowber24

Trowber24 Junior Member

Also, does anyone know if other Boss 7'6" V plow cutting edges will bolt right on to a RT1?

3. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

PM me if you figure something out. I have been trying all season for my RT1 8.2V with no luck, I figured it is unfortunately going to be scrapped after this season. Shes been good to me but I need both wings replaced :/

4. Trowber24

Trowber24 Junior Member

Ok thanks, will do! Hopefully I can find somewhere that has parts. Where at in MI are you? I could always take that old plow off your hands after the season! ;o)

5. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

East of Lansing, so way out of your way lol
    The mold board is rusted through in some areas, needs a new skin and cutting edge. That is why I say it needs new wings.
    I love the plow it's an awesome backwoods driveway plow. I love how the pump and motor is under the hood too so the fluid is always nice and warm.

6. Trowber24

Trowber24 Junior Member

Ahh yeah mine plows great too but will need a new cutting edge also. Found the cylinders online it seems a few newer models use the same ones. I may have to get a new cutting edge fabricated if newer ones don't fit. I get down that way quite a bit especially in the spring so get a hold of me if you decide to scrap it!

7. 1984 Dodge Plow

1984 Dodge Plow Junior Member

New cutting edges will work, but you will have to drill the holes to 5/8 for the bolts. Replacement BOSS cylinders would be HYD01603.