1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss RT1 v-blade

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by jdmartian, Dec 27, 2012.

1. jdmartian

jdmartian Junior Member

Does anyone have a wiring schematic for a Boss RT1 v-blade? Thanks in advance!

2. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

I went to the boss plow site and used the wiring for a RTII, worked great and i was able to print it off.

3. jdmartian

jdmartian Junior Member

Thanks! Will give it a try!

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

These may help too so I'll include them.

RT1 diagram.jpg

RT1 Control box Diagram.jpg

5. jdmartian

jdmartian Junior Member

Thanks B&B! I am looking at buying this unit, has the correct mounting for my '96 F350 minus a couple of pieces and is priced right but doesnt have all the wiring harness nor controller with it and guy says that the guy he bought it from used 3 toggle switches to control all the functions. I can see how that would work but would take some getting used to.The present owner has never used it.
    I have a Western Pro Plow I have used since Jan. '95 with virtually no problems and minor repairs that is still good other than holes rusting through the blade from neglect on my part to keep it painted and it sits outside year round. But a lot of the places I plow drift bad and need a v-blade for ease of cleaning. I got to try one last winter and it made a believer out of me what they can do. I use my service truck to plow snow with and there isnt anything it can't or won't do, it is loaded to the hilt with tools and scales right at 12,000lbs.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Nothing wrong with a three toggle controller, I've built allot of them for the Boss V's as some don't like the sensitivity of the handhelds or the stiffness of the joysticks so it adds another choice and they seem to take to them like a duck to water after a few storms.

Switch box.jpg

7. jdmartian

jdmartian Junior Member

Thanks again! I assume you used DPDT momentary switches? Do you have a rocker switch in between the toggles to power on/off the toggle switches?

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Correct. One (for the straight blades) or two (for the V's) momentary DPDT, and one on-off-momentary on DPDT for lift/lower/float. And then small rocker switch for on/off control power. Nice and simple and very reliable.

9. jdmartian

jdmartian Junior Member

Thanks again! I still havent decide wether to buy this thing or not. It's laid outside for several months uncovered, hydraulic ports open and solenoids exposed to the elements! The blade does look to be in exceptional condition for the age though!

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you haven't bought it yet, I wouldn't. While they were tough as nails in their day, today they're a dinosaur to source parts for. Some are virtually impossible to find so you may be setting yourself up for headaches and alot of extra cost verses purchasing something manufactured at least in the last 15 years instead.

11. jdmartian

jdmartian Junior Member

Thats kind of why I havent jumped on it yet! Blade is exceptional, rest is questionable! Unless I could figure out an easy way to use the blade on my Western frame, my blade is pretty tough but frame is good! And waiting to see if he comes down any on the price!