1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss RT II center shoe?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Yardworks, Dec 22, 2002.

1. Yardworks

Yardworks Senior Member

I have done many different things to plug the gap in my old Boss RT II. I have bolted rubber belting on the cutting edges, welded pieces of metal on each cutting edge, and lastly welded a v and half moon piece on my center shoe. They have all worked but they are time consuming. I was wondering if I were to take the center pivot shaft out and have it drilled and tapped would the stock horse shoe like my new Boss V work. I was just wondering if the basic design between the RT II and the new v-plow changed enough that it wouldn't work.

FORDNUT Junior Member

Weld on snow catchers from your boss dealer work best.
    Center section on rt2 is too low. Boss raised it to address
    wear problems and to add the rubber sno catcher which
    works better.
    good luck
  3. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare Senior Member

We battled that issue with our RT2 Plow as well. We tapped the hole in the bottom of the center and put a newer style horshoe in it, it worked ok, but we had to cut the bottom half off to fit it. It was an expensive ($60) option. This year we bought a boat stop from Wal-Mart, cut it in half and mounted it the same way. The boat stop was only $4 and it made two, we haven't had any snow yet here, but we are anxious to try it out.
  4. Nailit1954

Nailit1954 Senior Member
    from ma.

This is exactly what I've been saying.