1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

BOSS RT@ 7.6 stright plow HELP

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by twistedoffroad, Feb 21, 2010.

1. twistedoffroad

twistedoffroad Junior Member

Does anyone know or have info on this plow i have looked and looked on the web can;t find anything about them how heavy is it? can i put it on a 1500 truck? wireing specs? BOSS RT2 super duty stright blade thanks brian

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I had a RT2 7'6" steel straight blade on a 91 chevy reg cab short box. I put about 700 pounds of weight in the bed of the truck and I was fine.

3. EricD701

EricD701 Senior Member

4. twistedoffroad

thank you very much thats a big help.....but will i be ok for a year or so?

5. EricD701

EricD701 Senior Member

6. twistedoffroad

1988 chevy 1500 long box I picked the truck up cheep and have been rebuilding it i replaced all parts in the front end heavy duty ball joints inner and outer tierods and rebuilt the motor added about 40 more horse power and lowend torque for towing and plowing... If i have to beef it up a littel more i can but this summer im pulling the trans putting better parts 5 pinion planetarys and beast sunshell and other better parts. at the same time theT-case is getting updated with new shift forks and chain and what it needs.

7. EricD701

EricD701 Senior Member

You should be fine the older trucks hold the weight better. I would suggest putting some timbers on the front so it doesn’t bottom out on you. The plow you have is a bit heaver.

8. twistedoffroad

Well thank you very much for your help.... i did see a 2001 chevy half ton short bok with the same plow it looked good..

9. EricD701

EricD701 Senior Member

Your welcome glad to help