1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

boss rigging queston

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by foolforfords, Mar 28, 2010.

1. foolforfords

foolforfords Junior Member

hello all,i recently bought a 1990 f-250 4x4 with a 351 and auto tranny for $850.00 and the best part is it came with a 8'2'' boss v-blade.my question is will the plow rigging fit a 92 f-350 4x4 its the old style rigging where the plow detaches and the riggin stays on the vehicle. turns out the 90 250 has serious frame issues.and im not sure if its fixable.ive been a myers plow owner for tweenty years and im looking forward to next winter to try the v-blade.my questions are will the plow rigging work on my 350 and can the controll switches be changed from the white switch box to a joystick ? thanks FFF
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The mount won't directly bolt onto the '92 as '92-'97 are different than '80-'91. But if you have some access to fabrication or the skills to do it yourself you could make some revisions to get it on there.

You can run a newer style joystick or handheld controller but it requires adding the connector plug to the control harness that the later plows use as your setup is old enough I doubt it has one. Just requires a trip to your local Radio Shack for a connector and a little wiring skills to add it on.