1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss: Regular V vs. "XT"

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jbell36, Jan 8, 2010.

1. jbell36

jbell36 Senior Member
    from Kansas

Is the XT a huge upgrade or is it a small difference to the original V...Is poly the way to go or steel? Would just like some feedback or opinions on the subject...

2. Premier

Premier Senior Member

It depends on your accounts. for shorter slower pushes it is not worth the money, longer more high speed (boss recomends 15 MPH) pushes it makes a big difference, additionally when windrowing deep snow it takes more to get it to come over the top. I prefer the poly, less area to rust. Poly however is heavier so it will add additional stress to your front end.

3. jbell36

jbell36 Senior Member
    from Kansas

ya i noticed the poly was heavier as well on the boss website, i always heard poly was lighter?

4. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I think the poly blades are heavier because of the extra bracing on the back to make the poly stiff so you don't destroy the blade. Since the steel blades have more strength in the moldboard with the steel then the plastic ones.

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I would get the XT. I have heard they are discontinuing the old ones anyway. I think I would get Poly. It would be easier to replace the moldboard if you damage it. And I expect they will offer SS inserts at some point.