1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss pushers

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Xforce 1, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Xforce 1

Xforce 1 Senior Member

I seen a thread on here but really only 2 answers so my question is, how are the pushers? We run arctics now and love them but was thinking bout adding a couple more but like the price a lot better. PLEASE, only answer if you've had experience with the boss. I know arctics are good but want to know about boss. THANKS!
  2. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

Havent ran the arctics but we bought two boss pushers this year. They push great but i wasnt in the machine. The slip hitch design is awesome, but it didnt scrape as clean as i would have liked. Again, i wasnt in the machine but i did watch the operator and he had the skis flat on the ground. Maybe it needs to break in. We put about 25 hours on it so far
  3. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Nothing beats Arctic Sectional for scraping, nothing!

boss and a few others are trying to copy the original, but they'll never match the scraping capabilities.
  4. dodge2500

dodge2500 Senior Member

We have both the arctic sectionals and the boss. For durability, you can't beat the boss. Old dog is right, nothing beats the scraping capabilities of the Arctic. When we got the boss, we had 2 arctics and loved them but we needed something that was larger than an ld arctic and lighter than an hd arctic. The boss is the perfect in between size for us. We push ours with a John deere 7520 tractor. The slip hitch is great and the scraping ability is good. It's not as good as an arctic but the price and the durability can't be beat. If you have a lot of uneven pavement, it will not scrape as well as the arctic. If you have descently level lots, you will be happy with the performance. The boss is definetely a very well made quality pusher that does a great job and you won't have any annoying arctic blocks to replace! Can't go wrong with the boss.
  5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I guess you havn't tried the new Metal Plessis blade then. Oh and you can do more then 8mph with it. Thumbs Up
  6. 1olddogtwo

7. K&L Salting

K&L Salting Member

I have two of the Boss pushers a BX12 and BX12R. I like the 12R much better, we have very long pushes and run at 12miles per hour. At that speed the trip edge trips on the BX12 and we have to slow down. Like the floating hitch along with the floating sides, well pleased with the performance, looking for another BX12R they have stopped making that one.
  8. 1olddogtwo

9. alldayrj

Whats the difference in the 12 and 12r?

I had my cousin in the machine on the last storm and he is smarter and listened to my instructions better, scraped just as clean as a truck. Very pleased
  10. K&L Salting

K&L Salting Member

boss snow pusher

12R is a rubber cutting edge not made anymore
    12 is a steel edge
  11. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

We ran a BX12 on a loader and I think it work great. It scraped up hard packed snow from heavy traffic and the capacity was great. The slip hitch worked as advertised, you could see the box moving up and down. All in all I think it is a great unit.
  12. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

I borrowed a buddies to try our his bx12.

Excellent, worked great.

Simple, scraped really well, carried a great amount of snow.

I would say excellent value.
  13. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

Just purchased a b10 today.. will let you know after we use it.. maybe tomorrow.
  14. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I like to hear Thinking about buying one for next year to keep at a lot for light snow So my Skid can run it. B10 model and use it on a Ag loader for a back up to my 7740 if it goes down
  15. alldayrj

Our side shoes slipped out of alignment and the operator wasnt paying attention, almost wore through the trip spring brackets. I know they say to wear the trip down then install a cutting edge but i would just do it off the bat.
  16. rob_cook2001

I have not ran it yet.. but spent a fair amount of time checking it out yesterday.. the pusher I was running on this machine before was a bobcat 10ft. Loved the bobcat but this lot no longer wants rubber that's why I switched to the boss.. it seams like a well built unit and so far there is only one thing I don't like... On the bobcat box, when it was in float your boom was all the way down against your stops... With the boss box you are 2inches or so off the stops.. shouldn't be a problem but I think it may be a little harder on the boom pushing when it's not down on the stops.. we will see.
  17. rob_cook2001

I'll write more after I get some sleep, we ran the box for the first time last night and it kicks A$$. Scrapes great and noticeably easier to push with the box full than the same size with a rubber edge.
  18. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Kool thanks for info You get action pics of it working

I never push with a rubber edge My 7.5 box I have now has trip edge and its easy to push.
    I was thinking a 10ft should be easy with my skid in light snow fall If I get this one lot next year I like to have B10 on site to hook up during light snows or clean up on slushy days with my skid
  19. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

We got three this january... two are run on track john deere machines and one on a john deere 4720 compact tractor... all seem to work great.

I can only compare them to standard rubber edge protechs and an IST protech metal trip edge "which is rubber attached to metal that flexes".

I think they all seem to scrape good or as good as the ist box at least, they're half the height of it and make it a lot easier to see in the skid steers driving them.

The floating pin hinge works great as it jumps a curb instead of inflicting substantial machine or box damage "or operator damage" lol.
  20. snocrete

snocrete Banned

I bought a BX8 back in the late fall/early winter. We've put quite a few hrs on it this winter. Just like any steel edge, there is less resistance than a rubber edge. Capacity isn't as much as the Bobcat pusher, its not built as heavy duty as the Bobcat, and the down pressure "lock out ability" isn't as good. Overall, I like it for the price....would I buy another 1?? Not sure about that yet...If it weighed a little more, and the skis floated, that would really help. Which would probably be easy mods to do to it..