1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Pusher Repair

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by ADMSWELDING, Jan 29, 2012.

1. ADMSWELDING

ADMSWELDING Senior Member

Went out yesterday and added these pcs. of angle iron to beef up the side panels.Operator bent the rt/-side in .I converted this for a customer about 14 months ago went thru last year no problem with alot of use.

P1241224.jpg

2. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Thats pretty sweet! Nice work! Is it a trip edge? Does it still have hyd angle?

3. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Thats one of the nicest plow to pusher conversions i've seen. Definately looks like a trip edge Crete.

4. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Doesnt look like a trip edge plow From what I see the side is welded to the cutting edge area

5. ADMSWELDING

It is a trip edge plow,the sides are not welded to the edge.And p/a has been deleted by puting angle iron clips welded in to stop the angle .It could be brought back to p/a if wanted quite easily.

6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

That pusher brings back a lot of memories as it looks exactly like the first pusher my dad made about 25 years ago from an old Frink trip edge blade. Wouldn't it have been better to run that angle from the top of the blade on a 45 degree angle down to near the tip of the wing? It would seem that would offer more strength along with the piece you added.

7. ADMSWELDING

Maybe but alot of the area is already braced with the pipe and the gusset on the inside i think will do just fine.