1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

boss problem!

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Onebadbowtie86, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Onebadbowtie86

Onebadbowtie86 Senior Member

well to start.... i have a new this year boss 7'6" std straight blade. it works fine, but after a couple hours use, it starts chattering while raising, almost like a crunching noise. sometimes it does it even when dropping it. i cant seem to see anything wrong, and there wasnt a bunch of snow packed in there either, and help would be apprecitated! also, i have the new style lights, and theres a cup that goes over the low beam bulb, and it popped off, how the heck do you get these light housings apart?!?!???
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Have you checked the fluid? It's new to you but is the plow new?
  3. ff610

ff610 Senior Member

I would start by checking your fluid. I have heard a handfull of instances this year from these yo-yo's not checking the fluid after they have moved the new plows around gtting the fluid in all the lines. As far as the lights, not sure on the new style, but the old style is pressed together and I've neve had luck splitting the seam. Sounds like a warranty problem for you.
  4. Tango

Tango Senior Member

undo the wires for the bulbs, them remove the 4 screws, pulls right out. It took me an hour to figure it out.
  5. Buckhunter

Buckhunter Member

Yeah double check the hydro fluid. I broke the elbow off my plow a week ago and did a repair myself. The manual calls for 2 quarts of hydro fluid, but I talked to my dealer a week later and a boss actually needs 3 quarts. A quart will drain straight to the pumps and then it can hold two quarts in reserve so to speak. So the dealer might only have put in two quarts and you are low and don't even know it
  6. Turbodiesel

Turbodiesel Senior Member

Is it a chatter noise . Like the lift ram is wet and it's squeegee ing it .

Im told it's normal . I do change my fluid annually though .
  7. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I know exactly the noise you're talking about. Mines made it for a few years now.
  8. Onebadbowtie86

Onebadbowtie86 Senior Member

its just annoying, even if its normal....