1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

BOSS pressure ^

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by yooper.mi, Jan 2, 2006.

1. yooper.mi

yooper.mi Senior Member

I want to increase the lift pressure on a 2005 BOSS st blade there is nothing in the owners manual or on the BOSS site.
  2. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

What is your reason for doing this?
  3. yooper.mi

yooper.mi Senior Member

At the end of push(long drive) I stop try to raise blade very slow to rise if I back away from the push it raises OK. I stop for traffic want to raise plow drive through the pile turn aroound on county road and push the pile back in the drive and to the side.
    This plow replaced a old western pro of the same size. Western seemed to lift more, maybe its me.
  4. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Hi Yooper
    I have a new Boss 8'6'' and it raise's FAST. I have never had a plow that the hyd is this fast, I wish I could slow it down a tad.

Regards Mike
  5. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

I would double check ALL your electrical connections, and make sure your hydraulic resivoir is full. The only time my 9.2V struggles is with a FULL scoop of HEAVY wet cement type snow (trying to say lift it over a curb or something.

With only a 7.5' blade, you should NEVER have lift issues.

With it being an older truck, make sure ALL electrical connections are clean and tight. Keep di-electric grease on all connectors too.
  6. yooper.mi

yooper.mi Senior Member

Yes i love it and the fact it is fast. I just was thinking of a little ,more power.
    For what I use it for nopavement It is way better then the chain type Western Pro I used for 10 winters.