1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Power-V Question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by paponte, Oct 27, 2003.

1. paponte

paponte Senior Member

I am contemplating putting a plow on our UD for this winter. After numerous calls to dealers in the area, Boss seems to be the only manuf. that makes mounting brackets for this truck.

Everyone is telling me to go with the V-plow, since the truck is not 4 wheel. I will have a sander in the back, and thought the weight would make up for it. I have never used a V before, and wanted to know if there were any drawbacks to it on the flip side of the obvious benefits.

Problems with back dragging?

Problems with V-hinge?

Thanks in advance for any replies. :cool:
  2. edrenckh

edrenckh Member

No problems yet. Sometimes a slight snow trail in the middle, not much to worry about.

Pushes a lot more snow IMO. I never plowed with a straight blade, but I have plowed along side them.
  3. EIB

EIB Senior Member

Click on the search button at the top of the page. There you will find a lot of discussions on the V vs the straight blade. I myself use a Western MVP, cut my plow time down about 25%. Which enabled me to pick up on more customers. I would like to try the Blizzard plow, but do not have a local dealer yet.