1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

boss power v problems

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by JamesZ71, Jan 3, 2008.

1. JamesZ71

JamesZ71 Junior Member
    from ohio

i have a boss power v plow with rapid tach 2 and it operates well in all but the right angle cylinder will not go in out or any thing the motor runs but it don't move i think it might be a bad solenoid but I'm not sure which one does what on the solenoid block if some one has a diagram or any ideas i would appreciate it also where is the cheapest place to buy parts for these??

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

For it to not extend or retract, it sounds like an electrical problem...possibly in the switch box..but your on the right track to check the solenoids and valves first. Check the wing in and wing out valve/coil assemblies for magnetism with a wrench or screwdriver to see if they're getting power from the control box and also check the ground wires on the coils
    also..

Only other thing it could be is the wing cylinder itself...or the passage in the manifold is plugged up.

Heres a pic of the manifold to show you which valves/coils to check:

New Picture.jpg

Last edited: Jan 3, 2008
  3. JamesZ71

JamesZ71 Junior Member
    from ohio

thanks

this is alot of help i hope i can help u some day an hope i can figure it out i would thingk it was the switch but when i push it it is activating the pump motor also how do u change the fluid on these

4. JamesZ71

JamesZ71 Junior Member
    from ohio

poss powe v

better yet where can i find a shop manual for one of these.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic