1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Poly V snow deflector

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by redhenny16, Dec 22, 2004.

1. redhenny16

redhenny16 Senior Member

Is there a good mail order snow plow parts place that sells genuine Boss parts? I'm looking for a snow deflector for my 8'2" Boss poly V. The Boss dealer here in town qouted me a rip off price of $275 for a Boss deflector, and then tried to sell me one that he makes for $150. I checked with the dealer in Valparaiso, Indiana and he only wants $165 for a Boss deflector. I can't find any place that sells Boss parts online, can anyone suggest a place? :confused:

2. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

3. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

If you search around on the BOSS website, you'll find instruction manuals in their tech section.

Look up snow deflectors...

All they are is the same as the cheapie rubber belting ones, except the BOSS logo is screen printed on the left side.

It comes in one long roll of rubber, and you have to cut it to length/V-shape, punch holes in rubber, drill holes in plow. So in reality, if not having the BOSS logo on it isn't an issue with you, save money and buy one designed for at least a 9' straight blade, and make your own using their instructions. They give you the dimensions of where to cut.

I could possibly justify the price if it came pre-cut, punched, and ready to install. But all your paying for is the BOSS logo.

4. redhenny16

redhenny16 Senior Member

Thanks TLS, I never new that the Boss V blade deflectors were basically a do it yourself thing. I looked into the Boss web site manuals section and printed off their instructions. Now I am wondering if I could make one using a hard plastic Boss deflector, and a rubber boot in the hinge area just like they do with the rubber one. Would there be any advantage to the plastic deflector, or should I just make one out of rubber belting?

5. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Personally, I'm going to go with the rubber flap on my new BOSS V.

I had a hard plastic molded deflector on my old Meyer C-8.
    It was nice, however, getting up real close to walls and garage doors was hindered, as while it did flex some (never cracked) it still wasn't as pliable as the rubber ones.

6. ToolMaker

ToolMaker Member

I got a new Boss 8' 2" last year and it has a piece of rubber belting for a deflector ,and they just bunched up enough so that when you are in a V that it will do it . When its scooped there is some extra material . Steve