1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

boss poly v formed cutting edge

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by kchelius, Dec 21, 2010.

1. kchelius

kchelius Junior Member

I have a boss poly v 8.2 with the formed cutting edges which are soposed to help stop snow leaking from the middle of the V.

Well its not, I leave trails of snow from the middle, the cutting edges dont seem to be in the correct spots. their is a big gap in the center and the cutting edges dont seem to be equal.
    the left side cutting edge seems to cover part of the center hinge where the right side doesnt cover the center hinge at all.

What can i do to move the cutting edges over to cover this area so snow doesnt get through.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. steve_robert

steve_robert Junior Member

looks like a retrofit onto an older poly blade. It also looks like the botom hinges on the right side of the picture have broken and been welded back on. That would be why there is a gap.

3. White Knight

White Knight Member

Good catch on the bottom yolks Steve kchelius, are those BOSS cutting edges or aftermarket?

4. kchelius

kchelius Junior Member

I did buy the plow used in Oct. I dont know if they are boss or an aftermarket part. Yes the bottom hinge has been welded back on, but I cant see that it would cause that much of a gap.

5. kchelius

kchelius Junior Member

Any ideas on what i can do to close up the gap and stop most if not all the snow from getting through?

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The formed edges were retrofitted to an older plow. And on the poly's you have to trim the inboard ends of the wings to allow the edges to fit correctly otherwise you end up with edges tipped forward thus causing a larger gap in the center. Need to pull the edges off and trim the wings until they fit correctly. Sometimes it's also necessary to heat the edges up right at the curve and bend the center tabs until they're aligned and directly under the hinge pin.

BTW, they are not aftermarket formed edges, because there isn't any.