1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss plugs

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by FCLCinMaine, Nov 14, 2006.

1. FCLCinMaine

FCLCinMaine Member
    from Maine

I just had a Boss put on my F-350 and I hate how the dealer left the plugs hanging out of the grill. does anyone have any pics how they hid the wires so its still easy to plug in? same thing with the light switch, they didnt have one so they told me to go buy one anywhere and put it where i want. the inside of my new truck looks a mess with all the wires all over the place. can some one please post some pics of their dealer install or some cool custom work??
  2. Offroadz71

Offroadz71 Member

There are some other posts with regards to the hook ups for eletrical. My new Boss comes with a plate that is screwed onto the bumper (Chevy). Your dealer doesn't sound very reliable or more or less care for your business. I am not sure about Ford install but I would assume that the harness plate and light switch comes standard with the equipment. Unless they lost it somewhere.
  3. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Why would any reliable, quality dealer leave a job unfinished like that. I wouldnt gave them any money or left the lot until everything was done the right way. So let me get this straight, you dont have a light switch in your truck and wires are hanging everywhere? Do you have to rub 2 wires together to get it to switch from plow lights to truck lights? Obviously you payed for the install and obviously they didnt finish it...i wouldnt let that fly:realmad:
  4. FCLCinMaine

FCLCinMaine Member
    from Maine

i didnt notice the outside plugs because the plow was on the truck. they gave me a switch off something else. i'll post some pics when the rain lets up..
  5. 06HD BOSS

Man i hear ya, if only this was snow...:eek:
  6. dilligafdog

dilligafdog Member

i got a metal plate with my plow. it holds both plugs real neatly. i mounted it right next to the driver's side tow hook. i can't believe a reputable dealer did that to you. i'd be just a :realmad: or take matter's in my own hands :gunsfiring:
  7. nobletousha13

nobletousha13 Senior Member
    from VA

wire route

just re-route the plug from the grille to the middle of the bumper if it will reach. the bumper has a good shelf that will hold the plugs. if the plugs dont reach that sucks. :help:
  8. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

So, what you're really saying is, not to sit around waiting for pics in the near future??? :D

I am so sick of this rain. It's unbelievable.
  9. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

No rain here just cool temps.

The dealer should have mounted the plugs in the bracket for you and it should have come with the plow, not as an accessory at an additional cost

I ran out and took a pic no rain here....lol;
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2008
  10. mojob

mojob Member

I wouldn't sit still for that. I'd be on the phone with the dealer and tell them you'll send pictures of this mess to Boss. I'm sure Boss doesn't want their dealers doing halfass installs. A moron can install a Boss wiring harness. There shouldn't be any wires hanging out anywhere. I have an old RTll and the wiring harness is very neat. I can only imagine they've made improvements over the years. The only wire they had to run was the hot wire from the ignition switch and tie it into the harness.
  11. FCLCinMaine

FCLCinMaine Member
    from Maine

sorry about the pics...soon as the rain stopped i had to start back at the fall clean-ups....i'll post them in the a.m.
  12. FCLCinMaine

FCLCinMaine Member
    from Maine

Ok, heres the pics....wow i really had to resize the heck just to post. hope they are clear.. oh yeah.....check out my pj's in the grill reflection.lol
  13. FCLCinMaine

FCLCinMaine Member
    from Maine

oops here they are..

14. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

What! no socks or shoes.... It must not be that cold there yet lol...:D
  15. greenscapes inc

greenscapes inc Member
    from utah

That looks ridicules!! That is a brand new truck and they left it like that??? Sorry but I would have never drove off like that, they would have had a ear full.
  16. c.schulz

c.schulz Senior Member

Id be pissed and taking it back to the dealer to clean things up. But as far as the main plugs there is not much to do other than fab a bracket to hold them.
    This what I did with mine in conjunction with the factory bracket on my GMC.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2006
  17. 06HD BOSS

Thats totally rediculous, they wouldnt have seen a dime of my money till that was done the right way.
  18. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

where you do want them to mount the plugs? it doesnt look like their is much room in the grill, or on the center part of the bumper. you should mount them low on the sub frame otherwise the plugs get blasted with snow and ice from the road.
    you could drill holes in the top of your bumper to mount the bracket to hold the 2 plugs.
  19. BobC

BobC Senior Member

I did my own installation and chose to leave the brackets in the box. I didn't want to mount below bumper and pick up junk from the road or loose a tow hook although the tow hook install looks neat. I routed thru grill and fastened to grill bar which is black with crisscrossed wire ties on a F550 to keep them from moving. I don't know what your interior dangling wires are for?? The Boss light switch fastens to dash very neatly with no drilling.
  20. mike33

mike33 Senior Member

My last truck 03 - 350 was mounted properly like the one pic. But on my new 06 i told them to let them lay inside the bumper opening , you cant see them plus there more protected from the elements. At least i am going to give it a try for one year.