1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

boss plug mounting

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by pkenn, Nov 6, 2008.

1. pkenn

pkenn Senior Member

anyone have any pics of your boss elec connections (truck side) mounting locations?....especially ford superduty
  2. 1 bad bolt

1 bad bolt Member

not to hijack your thread but newer chevy's too
  3. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

2001 2500hd

4. DKG

DKG Senior Member

I just let the plugs hang loose through the hole in the bumper on my F-Series. I found it is easier for hook up and doesn't come apart when backdragging alot of snow. When plow is removed, I tuck them in behind the bumper.
  5. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Same here. I go for the stealth look when unhooked.
  6. c.schulz

c.schulz Senior Member

I cut the hook off my Tow Hook and made a mount for mine. Looks clean and works well. Its not very often I need both hooks.

7. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

I mounted mine right on the top of the bumper on my 2001 Chevy 2500hd.
  8. High Voltage

High Voltage Member
    from MI

I just mounted mine today. I bent up a bracket out of 1/2" X 1/8" steel and ran it across the air opening in the bumper. It is fastened to a bolt on each side that hols the bumper cover , grill, & bumper together.

9. 3bladz

3bladz Senior Member

Sorry cant help with the chevy mounts, but on my superdities I took out the tow hook on the drivers side and put the plug there. I think the wire is run down by the radiator support and out the bumper hole.
  10. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

Here's mine, if your going to put them there, put them more to the right. The plow frame pushes against them where they are now.

11. DCSpecial

DCSpecial Senior Member
    from IL

That's what I do on my 07 F-350

Can't see them when the plow is off and I tuck them in the bumper once plugged in as well.
  12. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

One is the 2008 and the other is the 2002. The 08 I'll tuck it inside somewhere after the season.

plow plug 001 (Medium).jpg

plow plug 002 (Medium).jpg

plow plug 003 (Medium).jpg
  13. 1 bad bolt

1 bad bolt Member

jeffny did that bracket come with your plow set up ? mine are just stuffed in the bumper :( i would like to install mine like that. what part of upstate are you from?
  14. Grass Master

Grass Master Banned

Here is a couple from my '05.

15. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

I like that ^^^^^^^ setup alot but need my tow hooks.

Mine used to be mounted with brackets in the grill and I liked it but I got tired of always seeing them there. I relocated the power right next to the DS tow hook and havent decided what to do with the other connector yet.
  16. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

North tip of seneca lake. Place in farmington did the install, im not sure if the bracket came with it or not.
  17. F250 Boss v

F250 Boss v Senior Member

My '06 F250 has a bracket welded to the inside of the left (drivers side) tow hook. Nice spot. -Sorry I don't have a picture... But it works and looks good. IMO.
  18. DCSpecial

DCSpecial Senior Member
    from IL

Here you can see it plugged in and the plugs are tucked behind the bumper by the driver's side tow hook.

This was when I just picked up the plow. Still need to put the wire loom on.

Boss Plow installed 009 small.jpg
  19. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Well that pic confirms you came from to FTE.

Welcome to Plowsite!
  20. DCSpecial

DCSpecial Senior Member
    from IL

Yep, seen this site mentioned on a few of the ford forums.

Thanks for the welcome.

Did you ever take your truck to A-Tire?