1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss plows

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by fordboy, Dec 15, 2008.

1. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

I am getting a truck tommorrow that has about a 5 year old boss RT3 8' Superduty plow on it. I am going to either be selling the plow off of this truck or my 8.2 poly v I have now.
    I am looking to get 1600 for the 8'straight blade with hand held controller or joystick which ever you want. Truck side only.
    Or I am looking for 3200 out of the vee. it is a 3 year old poly vee with smart lock cylinders and hand held controller. It had a new snow foil and new style cutting edges at the begining of the season this year. Again plow side only as I am keeping the mounts that are on the trucks for future use.
    Let me know if any one is interested I will get pics of the 8' straight when I have it here tommorow, and can get new pics of the vee or you can look back in my previous posts and see pics of it. thanks for looking Aaron

2. the_raven101

the_raven101 Junior Member

I might be interested in the straight blade, I'd like to see some pics. Thanks

3. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

I will try to get the pics up of it tommorrow when I get it here, it is sitting over at a buddys lot, we have to go over and put the rear plow on it and the spreader in the bed and then I am bringing it home.

4. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

I have the pics taken just need to get time when I am at home to post. I can also email them to anyone who may want them that way.

5. the_raven101

the_raven101 Junior Member

still interested, waiting for pics.

6. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

heres pics sorry it was getting dark so there not the best

100_1336.jpg

100_1340.jpg

100_1339.jpg

100_1338.jpg

7. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

Heres some of the vee

100_1341.jpg

100_1342.jpg

100_1343.jpg

8. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

Bring up to the top to see if there is any interest, may consider trades for stuff let me know what you have.

9. attak06

attak06 Junior Member

for sale

what you need for the vee poly ? Thanks Todd

10. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

I need 3200 out of the vee or 1500 out of the 8' straight. This is what it is gonna take to buy them or I will run continue to run the vee and just keep the 8' for a back up. Will include blade and a controller.

11. BOSSMAN21

BOSSMAN21 Senior Member

I wonder if the 8 foot V would do ok on my 1/2 ton Chevrolet? Do you know by any chance?

12. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

It would be heavy but you could change the torsion bars out to 3/4 ton which is what I am doing on my 92 light duty 2500(essiantially a 1/2 ton with heavier springs supposidly)

13. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

may consider partial trade pending what you all have!

14. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

bringing it back up to see if there is any intrest.

15. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

Straight blade has sold, I may still sell the vee if I can find a poly staight blade to replace it or if some one has one they would like to work out a trade with let me know thanks Aaron

16. how much would you want for the vee

17. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

I need 3200 pending me finding a good straght blade to replace it

18. tojay22

tojay22 Member

i will trade you this one. call me at 616-446-1777

back of boss 8 and orgon trailer 001.jpg

19. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

Thinking of getting rid of the boss plow, just not happy with it. Looking to get 3500 for it with your choice of superduty/excursion mount or 88-98 chevy truck mount. this would be complete mount, plow, controller and wiring. If anyone is interested let me know, I am going to check into some other plows this week. thinking of going back to curtis stuff, or maybe a western mvp proplus or fisher extreme v.

20. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

moving to the top