1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Plows

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by 7.3powered, Nov 4, 2010.

1. 7.3powered

7.3powered Junior Member

I called a fairly local Boss Plow dealer today about a 8' Straight Poly Plow for my '00 F250 7.3 Diesel and since they didn't have any in stock he priced me a 7'6" Plow and it was $4800.....what I'm wondering about is that I went on Ebay just for fun and I'm finding 8' V Plows with mounts and everything for around $5000 - $5200 and its not making any sense.... $200-$400 more for a bigger and "V" plow. Approximately what have you guys paid for 8' Poly Straight Plow? I'm kinda wondering whether he's tryin to make big on a sale or something...? I'm in SE Iowa by the way, and I know prob everyone has a little different pricing but....not weird pricing like this... Your Input please and thank you.

Thanks
    The Cutting Edge Lawn Service
    Jonathan Wymore

2. badabing1512

badabing1512 Senior Member

Thats probably an installed price with tax. Those ebay prices you dont have to pay tax and their ovbiously uninstalled... IMO 4800 isnt a bad price at all

3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

The Ebay plows are a bare bones plow....no shoes, deflector or smartlocks.

4. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

So does the ebay place have a building to pay rent on? does the ebay place have bays to install the plows? does the ebay place have tools to repair the plows it sells.

Go and buy it from ebay... and when you need service send it back to them, and wait for it to get fixed. If they can.

Why do you charge so much for plowing I mean you only work a few hours.

5. BOSS TOY

BOSS TOY Member

I bought a 7'6" Boss sport duty last year and it was $5200 uninstalled.

6. bossplowguy

bossplowguy Senior Member

I paid about 5k for a 9'2" vee with smartlocks and a deflector cash and carry. I always install and assemble my own

7. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Besides the pricing, a 7.5' plow on that truck is TOO SMALL!!!!!

8. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Need at least a 8 footer. Stay off E-Bay.:dizzy:

9. badabing1512

badabing1512 Senior Member

There you go, Dealer it is... ebay doesnt help when your broken down in the middle of the storm, altho its very unlikely with a boss wesport

10. 7.3powered

7.3powered Junior Member

I wasn't goin to buy on ebay, i was just checking pricing out of curiousity, and I agree that a 7'6" is too small for my truck also i wanted the doofus to price me a 8' but he didn't.. thanks for your input guys.

11. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

call jim at esi, he will help you out he has helped many here. he quoted me 3800 shipped to my door for a brand new 7'6 boss v blade. add 200 for smart locks and deflector! shoot him a pm on here and he will help you out and point you in the right direction!

Last edited: Nov 5, 2010
  12. CaptainSmokey

CaptainSmokey Senior Member

Here in MD i paid 4200 installed for a 8ft straight blade steel installed !