1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss plows, Good or bad

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by zippi, Oct 13, 2003.

1. zippi

zippi Banned

Boss plows, Good or bad

2. micah79

micah79 Senior Member

Boss is really popular around my area. I'd say they are just as good as any of the other top brand plows. Their pro plows are very similar to a western pro. I have never used one, but a lot of guys around here swear by them. Its like trucks: some guys like ford others like dodge, and some people even like chevy. lol:D

3. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

Boss-for me its been good.Id buy another .

4. Foz

Foz Senior Member

Absolute garbage!!:realmad:

5. micah79

micah79 Senior Member

Foz

Thats all you have to say.....Do you have anything like a story or something to back that BOLD statement.....

6. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

very good

7. Santo

Santo Banned

'03 8'2" V-boss steel moldboard

$4600.00 installed in Pa....w/joystik

vboss.jpg

8. Santo

Santo Banned

9. Santo

Santo Banned

10. JeffY

JeffY Junior Member

Love the Boss, have seven Boss plows; two 9'2" and five 8"2. We also have just one Western plow. All plows are V-blade.

11. Santo

Santo Banned

No trip edge on the boss

The Fish has one , and Im looking to DEMO one some time soon even if it's on dry surface.

12. greenquestlawn

greenquestlawn Senior Member

3 years old and no problems.

Knock on wood...

2.jpg

13. ROSELAWN

ROSELAWN Member

I run all Fisher plows but Boss is a very good plow and has a respectable history with people that use them.

14. bgrover

bgrover Member

Santo, Boss does have a trip edge on their straight blades. I have a 7.5' trip edge and love it.

15. wyldman

wyldman Member

While I don't run them personally,most of the ones we see are for maintenance only.They hold up very well,and have an excellent hydraulic system.I wouldn't hesitate to buy one.

16. Plow Babe

Plow Babe Senior Member

We have an 8.5 straight blade on one of our pickups, this will be our sixth winter plowing with it - great blade, very strong. The only problems we have had with it was last season we had to replace a solonoid, also our rookie operator did not check the bolts, some got loose, and he just kept plowing until the whole blade was hanging off the frame, and he trashed the cylinder so we had to replace it.

Overall, we are very happy with the Boss, and would buy another one if we were looking for that type of blade.

The blade-trip / trip-edge thing is personal preference and what works best for you.

17. Foz

Foz Senior Member

Micah;

We purchase 2 10 Ft Vee plows last season to put on GMC 5500, had hydraulic leaks, solenoid go bad, head section replaced on both plows due to ovaling out of the hole for pin, welds cracked or broke on both plows where wings join to the head section, absolutely s#^! service from the dealer, and no help from Boss until new dealer took over, & I am still waiting on replacement parts! The last of the 2 trucks went tonight to get the Boss replace with a 9'-6" Western Vee.....now 6 trucks with all Western Plows...I wouldn't put a Boss plow on for free!!!!!!!!

18. micah79

micah79 Senior Member

Foz

Now I can see wher you are coming from.
    That must have sucked bad!!!

19. Santo

Santo Banned

I meant the V's , they dont,

I believe the Fish has one.

20. Santo

Santo Banned

I meant the Vbgrove.

Do you have the RT3 standard hitch or theSmartHitch????????