1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss plows , duramax diesel

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Bossplower, Nov 8, 2003.

1. Bossplower

Bossplower Member

Does anyone have a 9'2" Boss v on a 2500 duramax ? do you think with timbrens it will be OK ? Are the 04 Duramax engines holding up?

Thanks Steve

2. FSUPERDUTY

FSUPERDUTY Senior Member

have an 8.2 on mine haven't used it yet but considering it doesn't have plow prep it seems to hold it well! I don't think the 9.2 weighs that much more.

3. HerkFE

HerkFE Member

Timbrens are a small price to pay ($150) for reducing the wear and tear on your front end... I've had them on several trucks and wouldn't think of hanging a plow without them.

Pete :waving:

4. FCLC

FCLC Junior Member

Better call your dealer and ask first if they even make them for that truck. I called the Boss dealer yesterday about a 9'6" V-plow for my Cummins and he told me that boss does not make one to fit a Dodge with the Cummins.

5. C&D LANDSCAPING

C&D LANDSCAPING Junior Member

I have a 9' 2" boss vee on my 03 gmc duramax extended cab with timbrens, The truck handles the plow no problem. If you check the boss web site it even recommends the 9' 2" vee for that truck, good luck.

Corey

6. Bossplower

Bossplower Member

How do you like your Duramax ? should I just get a 6.0 Gasser?

7. yako

yako Member

i do not have a duramax but i havent heard anything bad about it. all i can say is go diesel. youll never have a problem with it heating up. youll get close to double the fuel mileage when plowing and pulling and itll run till the frame rots from under it and pulls the fuel rails out. i have a diesel and i will never buy a gasser again.

8. C&D LANDSCAPING

C&D LANDSCAPING Junior Member

Get the dmax alli combo, much better than the 6 liter and 4L80E, it's worth the money. Runs strong , quiet and the mileage is great.

Corey