1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

boss plowbeam recommend height

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by snowman71, Dec 17, 2006.

1. snowman71

snowman71 Junior Member

My 3/4hd 03 duramax has 13.5 "from ground to center of hole does it need to be 15.5 ".I know that is what boss recommends . I have plow for a year or so it plows ok. What do you guys think?

2. jryden145

jryden145 Member

Straight or v?

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If it's a V and it wears the cutting edges evenly all the way across then don't worry about it. If it's a straight blade and it scrape's good then its ok too.

4. MIAWPUKEK

MIAWPUKEK Senior Member

Ha, when you said "plowbeam", I thought you meant the light beam from the headlights. I came home the other nite with a new 7' Sport on, and the installers had the lights pointing practically straight down. Even the highbeams shun maybe 8 feet in front of me, I was just praying there were no animals crossing the highway. When I got home, I had to get my tools and adjust the lights right away.

Are there any codes on how high the lights should be pointing down the road?
    I tried to make sure that I have good distance on highbeam, yet, not too high to blind people when on LOW beam.

5. snowman71

snowman71 Junior Member

plow beam height

its a straight blade.thanks

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Ok,now we know that's it's a straight blade.If you can mount and dismount it without it getting caught or hooked on the mount and it scrape's fine, you can just leave the pushbeam where it is.

7. jryden145

jryden145 Member

I'm not really familiar with the straight blade adjustments, but if you angle the plow and it touches the the ground evenly, then it is fine.

J

8. snowman71

snowman71 Junior Member

plow is fine to hook up

scrape;sfine and plow touches evenly

thanks alot guys

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If it ain't broke......don't fix it. ;)

10. Deere John

Deere John Senior Member

The installers must have not put the pushbeam into the upper-most holes in the side plates. On most 3/4 tons, it is necessary to cut or remove the front air dam in order to get the beam into the top holes. That should give you 14.5 -15 inches, and torsion bars and bladed adjustments do the rest.

If your air dam is still on and uncut, the beam probably isn't installed all the way up. It is more critical, as said above, for vee plows.