1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Plow

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by karol, Jul 25, 2007.

1. karol

karol Senior Member

Hi. I've used a 8ft fisher for the past several years. I'm not to happy with it. I don't know anything about The Boss plows as there aren't too many around here. Mainly Western,Blizzard and Fisher and Arctic. Where does Boss stand ? Any input would be appreciated. How's the backdragging? I'm thinking of the 8'2 SD with wings.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

The first 16 years of plowing I used a Fisher, the last 7 years a Boss 8.2 V Plow I could never go back. Plus with the hand held it's great.

10-12-06 snow pixs 070 (Small) (2) (Small).jpg

3. jce4isu

jce4isu Senior Member

the boss is so fast very nice

4. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I love my Boss....have no reason to think of any other

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You can't go wrong with a Boss. They backdrag good and they're very very reliable too. They still use a simple wiring harness with relay's that's MUCH eaiser to field diagnois/repair if it ever becomes necassary. Much easier than a Western or a Fisher with the isolation module style wiring. Dont get me wrong, I like Westerns and they're reliable too but the wiring can be a nightmare to field service due to it's complexity (especially on a V-plow). They're hydralics are simple to trouble shoot and repair too if nessesary (which isn't too often if properly maintained).

6. EricD701

EricD701 Senior Member

I had a Fisher b4 my Boss power V and I would never go back!!
    The plow is so fast and does a great job...

7. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

speed

you can just about make the boss break dance on your truck,you don't have to wait and change modes,just get the new style cutting edges with built in curb guards and snow catcher,the hand held control is very nice.you will love it.