1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss plow

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Tom c., Dec 3, 2005.

1. Tom c.

Tom c. Member

Hey guys Im kinda new to plowing in a pickup, used heavyequipment for years. Im looking to put a used boss plow on my 03 dodge. The guy I bought it from has all the harnesses and controls, took them of a 94 chevy. My local Boss dealer said I need to buy new harnesses for the dodge. I know I needed a new frame mount but should there be any problem with the wiring? I mean even if I have to splice a few wires should there be any need to buy all new harnesses?Thanks for any input you can give me. Tom
  2. RadHog

RadHog Junior Member

just cut away.... no biggie
  3. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

This only difference is when you go to remove the plow.

The harness will just unplug from everything, leaving it nice and tidy. The next buyer (dealer on a trade) may shy away if it looks like all the wiring has been spliced.

If you're going to keep it as a dedicated plow truck, then by all means, have at it.
  4. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

i think that the wiring harness is the same, just the ends (which are removable) that plug into your trucks lights are different. you should be able to unplug the ends that go into your trucks lights and buy the correct syle.
  5. Ice Scream

Ice Scream Member

As far as the wiring harness there is no difference, other than the light adapters. You can order them from a boss dealer.
  6. Tom c.

Tom c. Member

Plow Hookup

Thanks for the info!!! Thats pretty much what I figured Just clip and snip if you gotta extend a few. I figured I would just need the light adapters. Dealers keep telling me I shoulda boughta new plow.One guy told me it'dcost me over 2g to hook it up by the time I got done.They need to get more consumer friendly to get people to come back. Not everyone can afford to buy new. I got 2 kids in college!! Thanks again guys happy plowing!!!!:redbounce