1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Plow

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by djnicky, Jan 7, 2004.

1. djnicky

djnicky Junior Member

Hey Guys,
    It is cool to part of the snowplowing community. Just installed
    my Boss 7'6 straight blade. Any tips for the newcomer? Does anyone have the Boss blades? Has anyone had problems with these plows. These plows respond quick. How far should the blade sit of the ground when plowing a parking lot?
    Thanks lokk fowarding to chatting with you all.

2. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

I do not own a boss plow but have heard plenty of good feedback on them, they are right up there with the best .Only tips i can give is take your time,don't beat on the truck.If the snows heavy push little bits at a time. Be careful, lot of unnecessary accidents happen, people wont give you the time of day (even with warning lights flashing).When i plow parking lots i like to have the blade right on the ground(a lot of people don't even use plow shoes).Scrape it as good as you can it will avoid ice build up. Good Luck with the new plow and hope you make lots ofpayup

3. Joe3113

Joe3113 Member

4. badranman

badranman Senior Member

I have the same blade, love it. Do what jt said and look out for other cars, they won't move for you and almost always get in your way. Plow with the storm, as it's happening. Have fun!:waving:

5. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

i leave my plow in the float position, and dont go to fast. If you are doing a lot new to you, be careful. If you have to get out and look around do it. There might be something burried in the lot. The faster you go the faster you will find something hidden, and it will scare the cr*p out of you when your plow trips hard. With your truck, make sure your truck has come to a complete stop when going from drive to reverse and vise versa. I personally plow with my seat belt on. alot dont, but learn the hard way how the steering wheel feels in their rib cage. My bosses wheel has a permanent dent from his rib cage when he found a pot hole. i thaught it was funny.:D :D other than that, have fun plowing :D by the way. i have a 9'2" boss v blade and love the thing.

6. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I've got the same plow and i love it!:bluebounc
    I keep mine all the way down when I'm plowing.:waving:

7. cuttingchris

cuttingchris Junior Member

boss is not up there with the best they are the best i got hit by a pt cruiser lat year he tried passing me doin almost 60 i was doin 15 he hit my plow and totalled his car didnt even scratch my plow i think if it was any other plow it would have wrecked the plow but i still have my boss and its still works great

8. evil snowman

evil snowman Member

what was the turn out of the acident? just wondering.:confused:

9. cuttingchris

cuttingchris Junior Member

he got a reckless driving ticket