1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss plow

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by fordsup04, Aug 23, 2010.

1. fordsup04

fordsup04 Member

I am purchasing a used boss today its a straight blade 7'6 its the first boss that i have owned Any opinions? It has all the wiring with it but i am thinking on purchasing new any ideas what thats gonna run me. Thanks btw its going on a 04 superduty
  2. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

not to burst your bubble but other will agree with me that a 7'6 is to small unless you plan on getting wings for it. 8footer at the bare minimum for a super duty truck. also when i was looking at new westerns for my truck there are about 5 grand new depending were you live, how you pay, if they like you or not, you get the idea!
  3. fordsup04

fordsup04 Member

I may go ahead and get the wings Ive been going back and forth on plows for the last week. I can't pass up this deal. so i may regret it this winter but for this year im going to try the 7'6.
  4. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

yea i have a 7'6 on my 1500 and it barely clears the wheels at full angle i now wish i got the 8er but oh well still pushes snow and gets the job done! im just trying to save you from buying to small of a plow and slitting your own throat in the end!
  5. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

That is too small of a plow. Got with 8 or 8 1/2 at least.
  6. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

If you cant find a bigger plow at least put wings on the 7'6" one.
    7'6" is too small for that truck
  7. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Really don't do 7' 6"! Trust me, I just came from a Western Uni version. Plow worked great, except that it was too damn small. Get an 8' 2" V as they are becoming more and more common and they work great.

Really, if you listen to no one else in this thread, listen to me. Pass that plow up no matter how good the deal is because the owner found out the hard way, and is looking to pass it along. ITS TOO F****** SMALL, especially when you get over 5 inches and you are trying to push that stuff at full angle, and you have to back out of it. Have fun! BTW, realize that when you angle a 7' 6" straight blade, it becomes a 6' 6" plow. The truck itself is 7' 6" wide. And I believe that Boss does not recommend running wings with anything over 5" of snow.
  8. OH350Crew

OH350Crew Junior Member
    from NE Ohio

I've got a 7'6" w/wings and have had no problems pushing snow with it. I also got a really good deal on it. Without the wings it is too small for the superdutys