1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss plow won't raise

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Principalj, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Principalj

Principalj Junior Member

I just purchased a used Boss RT3 9' plow for my 04 Dodge 3500. I got the wiring finished today, and I seem to have a problem.

The angling cylinders work correctly, but the plow won't raise. In fact, when I push the raise button, the cylinder seems to try to be pushing down (closing) instead of extending. Is that possible?

The Smartswitch doesn't work at all.

Hydraulic fluid reservoir appears to be full.

Any ideas on what I should check next?
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Smart Hitch 1 or 2?

Sounds like the SH switch is stuck in the "attach" position or shorted/corroded internally. The fact that the switch doesn't work is the indication..and it wont lift until you fix the switch issue first.
  3. Principalj

Principalj Junior Member

Problem solved

The problem turned out to have a simple solution - shoulda checked first. Dirty contacts at harness plug and on a couple of relays - filled with grease, put controller in float, and - all set!

Working like a champ!
  4. Offroadz71

Offroadz71 Member

I hope you are using Dyelectric Grease!