1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

boss plow wont push up snow banks.

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by joeztoy, Feb 10, 2010.

1. joeztoy

joeztoy Junior Member

maybe my plow is defective but everytime i ram a snowbank my NEW (09) boss 7 foot 6 inches v-plow slams into the bank and stops my truck dead in its tracks. i work for a very big landscape company here in saint paul and i drive a f350 with a new western mvp during snowfalls and those plows ride up the snowbank like they should when i ram a huge snowbank. does anyone know why my new boss doesnt? ive adjusted the trip springs every way i could and it doesnt matter. any help is appreciated. -joe

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Hope "Ramming" is only a technical term your using. Are you lifting the blade as your ramming the snow bank?

3. Hercules130

Hercules130 Junior Member

I'm new so i may be off but the direct linkage of the boss may prevent the plow from floating up, unlike the western which uses a chain.

4. black7.3

black7.3 Junior Member

you just have to learn how to run your plow. start to lift the plow as you come into the pile, you will get the hang of it its real easy.......

5. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

If the truck is lifted, if the "A" frame is not level the truck will drive the plow down when you hit the snow bank.

Ya.. your off

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Has nothing to do with lift method. The difference is in the blade attack angle. The MVP+ has a steeper attack thus it wants to ski the pile no matter what you do (bummer when you're trying to cut into a pile). The Boss attack is more shallow so it want's to dig unless you help it get started. So, when you wish to stack simply bump the raise button as you go in. Once it starts up the pile it will then climb on it's own.