1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss plow with no power !! HIKES!!

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by mnguy, Mar 18, 2012.

1. mnguy

mnguy Member

I went to put my plow into storage started the truck and turned the controller to the on position and nothing. The controller little lights didn't even come on and the plow wont do anything. I looked at the fuse and that was fine. Only thing working on the plow was the marker lights, headlights to the plow won't even come on. Any help would be great FYI don't know if it matters but it's a super duty 8 straight blade prob about 6 years old.
    Thanks in advance for any help....
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

1) Check the black/red power wire at the controller plug for battery voltage with the ignition on. Should have it.

2) Check the brown ground wire under the hood. Should be on the negative battery terminal if it was wired as it should be.

3) Find the red wire also under the hood and should be on the positive battery terminal. Should show battery voltage if you check the same wire right at the relay pack. If it doesn't check the inline fuse in the same wire. Should be within a couple feet of where it's connected on the battery.

4) Check the relays in the relay pack for corrosion on their pins. Remove them and psychically look at the terminals and sockets.

Should find the issue with one of those four.
  3. mnguy

mnguy Member

OK B&B I will check, and let you know thanks a lot..