1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Plow Wings

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by secret_weapon, Oct 2, 2007.

1. secret_weapon

secret_weapon Senior Member

So I sent an email to Boss plows letting them know that I felt the plow wings were a bit over priced, $600 was a bit too steep. I know of a few other contractors that would like to get the wings, but are holding back because of the price.

I thought I would spread the word, maybe if they get enough emails they will lower the price a little. Probably won't make a difference, but can't hurt to try.

Just my thoughts. xysport

2. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

Unfortunately they are well worth the money. I didnt really want to spend that much either but I did. The quality is there too. Those suckers are heavy.

3. JT Contracting

JT Contracting Junior Member

I made my own for a lot less than $600, if you are mechanically inclined or know someone who has a welding shop they could make a set for you. Mine only added approx 60lbs total weight.

4. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Talk to Jerre Heyer, he is a member here and makes Danger Wings. They are very, very heavy duty, and less then 600. If you want his phone number pm me.

5. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Worth the $$$ in my opinion....these arent like pro-wings. I payed around $500 for mine

6. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Ditto;;) ...

7. secret_weapon

I saw on here that someone made western wings fit on a boss. I can't remember who right now, i'll have to search. Looked pretty nice, just have to fab up a bracket to bolt between ribs. I don't want to weld on the frame or drill holes in the moldboard. I want to make it easy as possible to transfer to another plow.

8. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

To get western wings to fit you are going to need to weld or drill holes

If you have an RTIII you only need to drill a couple of holes in the ribs not the moldboard.

To transfer them to another plow all you would need to do ii unbolt them.

The only time you would need a welder is to put them on a RTII as the back of the plow is different than a RTIII

9. Tuxx

Tuxx Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

Well worth there price.

10. djwrightson

djwrightson Junior Member
    from Alaska

Wings...

Don't feel too bad about the $600 price tag. Here in Juneau Alaska they rape you for $873 a set plus $150 if they do the install. They say it's shipping cost from the left coast to the free world. I sure hope they're worth it.

11. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

It has to be cheaper to have someone buy them here and then ship them to you. $875 for wings is alot.

12. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

there is a guy that works for me and he father is a welder by trade. he makes the same wings that boss sells and he installs them for 400 a pair. im getting 2 pairs this year.

13. secret_weapon

"there is a guy that works for me and he father is a welder by trade. he makes the same wings that boss sells and he installs them for 400 a pair. im getting 2 pairs this year."

Where is he located?

Can you post some pics of wings?

I may be interested...

Last edited: Oct 11, 2007
  14. I would like to know about these wings also

15. ServiceOnSite

hoping to pick it up tomorrow. he said they should be done on friday so we willl see

16. phishoook

phishoook Member

I'm thinking I was quoted just over $200 for the Boss wings. (no, not the off brand pro wings)

I'll check tomarrow for sure.

17. ServiceOnSite

im gonna try and post pics tomorrow i did gwt the plow back and the wing are on there. however they was a littel bit of confusion about the price. he thought that he was gonna put then on 3 of my plows so thats were he gave me the price of 400 each. however they look the same as the boss wings and are very heavy duty. im happy.

18. secret_weapon

Any pics yet?? Would still like to see these bad boys. Or are ya waiting for the snow to fly so you can some good action shots?:bluebounc

19. c.schulz

c.schulz Senior Member

Lets see those bad boys

Chris

20. ServiceOnSite

ok it wont let me reposta pic. its in truck photos under cant beat a v plow w/wings