1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

boss plow wings

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by MagLan, Oct 5, 2014.

1. MagLan

MagLan Member

Looking to try a set on one of my 9'2" dxts this year. I havent seen them in person yet, do they have a steel edge or are they rubber? Im assuming they have to be replaced when the edges on the plow are replaced?

2. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

No Steel Edge, I run a set on my 8.2 and they're awesome.
    Check out what Boss says about putting Wings on a 9.2
    http://www.bossplow.com/products/accessories/truck-plows

wings.jpg

3. MagLan

MagLan Member

Yeah i saw that but i see alot of guys on here running them on 9'2" plows. Maybe just tighten the trip springs a bit. Not much more weight than the snow pack on a steel plow wouldnt think...

4. kendog

kendog Junior Member
    from chicago

I have 3 sets of used boss wings for sale. ken 708-306-7277

5. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

On a 9.2 when you go to scoop and lift while stacking the blade will droop - sag. I don't think you can tighten up the springs enough without affecting the full trip function.
    Look for Robert Cook on here, best place to find him is on the Colorado Weather Thread. He's a buddy of mine and runs a 9.2 and has wings for it. He can tell you what to expect.

6. snowcrazy

snowcrazy Senior Member
    from ohio

I have the 9'2" dxt on my new truck....... Very disappointed in the way it drops and sags when in scoop mode..... Tightened the hell out of the springs and no help...... It only scoops well in light powdery snow..... Very let down by this because not only will it not lift it but when you try to pick the plow up to stack the springs start to trip so when you start to back up the plow SLAMS up violently thrashing the entire truck...... Pretty sad if you ask me. Wonder if they have had enough complaints to get a stronger spring made for the 9'2"...... There are plenty complaining about it....

7. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

X2
    My 9.2 when go to stack you have to open the blade up once you hit the pile
    And thats one of reason I didn't buy another one Went with a MVP and I bought another MVP
    Its on a truck I don't use a lot its back up or I run in a blizzard

8. BOSS_JG

BOSS_JG Senior Member

If you are experiencing issues with your springs we would encourage you to please contact your BOSS dealer for further evaluation. The BOSS Factory service department is also available by calling 800-286-4155 and selecting option 2.

9. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

Boss replaced my springs under warranty and it's much better now...

10. hellion

hellion Member

much better as in the way it should be or much better but still somewhat lacking. My dealer ordered under warranty a replacement set of trip springs that supposedly are stronger. I'd called dealer after installing the wings on my 9.2 dxt and noticed excessive trip spring flexing at scoop position. Springs should be in and installed within next 10 days.

11. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

Better as in my 9.2 dxt with wings now only trips a little easier than my 8.2 vxt with no wings. I would much rather the plow trip than break something. I AM berry pleased with it and will buy another 9.2dxt for my next truck.

12. MagLan

MagLan Member

And put wings on it rob??? I love the 9 2 dxts...run 4 of them! Just wanted to try a set of wings on one and see how I like them!! Thanks for the input!

13. hellion

hellion Member

Thanks for the input Rob. Looking forward to the replacement springs. This DXT is my latest plow. Have had 4 previous Boss plows. going back to 1996. Have had very good service out of all of them

14. hellion

hellion Member

Maglan, saw your post. My wings came in about a month ago. I have a 9.2 poly dxt that is now about a year old. The wings are poly with a poly cutter blade that is about 1.5" thick.. I just told dealer to get me a set of wings and that is what he installed. Don't know if there is a cutter blade option.

15. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I put a set of wings on my V, all I had to do is tighten up the trip springs a little, so it won't trip in scoop mode when lifted in the air.

The rubber edges do a decent job. steel edges would be problematic running along curbing.
    jmo

16. TonyRC

TonyRC Junior Member

still have the wings???