1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss plow wings queston

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Lucfw, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Lucfw

Lucfw Senior Member
    from Ontario

Hey, I am wondering if you have the boss wings on a 7'6'' stardard duty plow could you drive around with them on so you dont have to keep getting out and in the truck. Also how long would that make the plow. Do any people drive with them on? I am aware of some municapaliys have differnt rules. thanks

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

You could, just angle the plow as you drive down the road. At 2 am if its snowing and you are driving around with them on and you are working you shouldn't get bothered anyway. the plow will be about 9'6'' wide.

3. Lucfw

Lucfw Senior Member
    from Ontario

Thank that what I though but I had some one tell me you HAVE TOO TAKE IT OFF(they where really pushing it) but other people say they will be fine. I personly think they are fine on. What about regular driveing would it still be ok to leave them on or take the plow and wings off when not useing them. I like to keep the plow on for advertion when i am around town. Or if its snowing in the day (rush hour) could you still get away with it? Thank alot, it greatly appreatated.

4. qualitylawn

qualitylawn Senior Member

angle the plow and youll be fine!

5. Lucfw

Lucfw Senior Member
    from Ontario

Ok thanks thats what ill do, I gess some times its to cold for mr. law to inforce some thing and to hassel plow driver lol

6. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

The legal road limit is 8 feet. Guys drive around my area with 14 foot pro techs and 10 foot straight blades and loader with push boxes so I don't think you will have a problem.

7. Lucfw

Lucfw Senior Member
    from Ontario

Ok thanks very much!

8. cdahl1177

cdahl1177 Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

same here in OH. they drive the front end loader with the push box down the road to different shopping complexes. my buddy has never taken his wings off since he bought them (2 plus years) no problems. just FYI each wing adds 11".

9. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

For some reason I thought each wing added 22 inches. HAHA! Those would be big wings.

10. bader

bader Junior Member

i have been regreting getting a 7'6" plow since i bought it since its the same width as my truck how i know it says it adds 11" to each but is that out straight from the original edge or just the lenght of the wing blade

11. magnum1

magnum1 Senior Member
    from ID & ND

We run 7' 6" boss blades w/wings on our tractors when plowing parking lots I think the wings themselves are 11" resulting in a 9 '6" finished blade width

12. cdahl1177

cdahl1177 Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

magnum is right.

13. Lucfw

Lucfw Senior Member
    from Ontario

so does ever one like running there plows with the wings though?

14. magnum1

magnum1 Senior Member
    from ID & ND

As the tiger said Their GGGGGGRRRRRRRATE, Cuts down on plowing time per job
    That translates into dollar time, You'll notice a big differance once you try them, talk to
    someone in your area that utilizes wings.

15. Lucfw

Lucfw Senior Member
    from Ontario

ok do you have a video posted some where, where i can see them? thanks

16. magnum1

magnum1 Senior Member
    from ID & ND

Go to my profile ( magnum1 ) click on statistics scroll down on threads click on wings thread & tractor threads:)

17. Lucfw

Lucfw Senior Member
    from Ontario

ok i did looks nice, thanks if you ever upload any more or fine any more pics let me know if you dont mind thanks,

18. H20-32

H20-32 Member

Here's are tundra with 7.5 Boss SD with wings, no problems with police, just narrow roads due to amount of snowfall here. The towns around here don't have wing setups on trucks to push the banks back. Only remove wings for tight driveways.

[​IMG]

19. Lucfw

Lucfw Senior Member
    from Ontario

thanks they look really good!