1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

boss plow wing extention question

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by turbo5560, Nov 26, 2009.

1. turbo5560

turbo5560 Senior Member

seriously considering getting some extention wings... first of all does anyone have a picture of the wings on a v-plow with the plow in the scoop position. would like to see how much carrying capacity it has.

also, i was looking at the instructions on boss's website for installation, and it says to take wings off when going down the road. for those of you that have these wings, do you take them off when driving around town?

and lastly, anyone know of someone selling used wings or new ones for less than $613.00?

2. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

I know that if I put wings on my 9.2 then the corners would never get off the ground in the V position. It would be pretty close with an 8.2

They are so easy to take on and off it really isnt a big deal.

3. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Just don't put the wings all the way back into the vee position. That way you can leave em on. Troy from Cornerstone has a set on his vee.

4. 3bladz

3bladz Senior Member

Has anybody had any experience backdragging drives with the Boss wings. Also curious how they work on lots with curbs.

5. coral

coral Senior Member

i run a 7-6 and a 9-2 with the boss wings.....love em

6. Eronningen

Eronningen Senior Member

I have wings on an 8'2 and love them. Back drags great. I just got a 9'2 for another truck and am having the wings installed on that also. I absolutely love them. To back drag the best get the locking cylinders. I would highly advise you to get them wings for the Boss. Its like a natural extension of the plow with a little added scoop. They cut curbs great too

7. 3bladz

3bladz Senior Member

Thanks guys, I have locking cylinders on both plows. I just wondered if they scraped good and if they would hold up to pushing into curbs. I fold the wings back to straight before stacking over curbs but still can't avoid hitting them once in a while. Especially if the extensions are degreed forward I wondered how much memory they had. I am thinking about selling one of my 9'2 p'oly's and getting an 8'2 with wings. That way I can get through drivethrus and still add the wings for the lots.

8. brookline

brookline Senior Member

How good do wings work for backdragging on a straight blade

9. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

For pic's check with alaska boss on here he has pic's in one of his threads.