1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Plow will turn Left but Not Right

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by mx377, Nov 14, 2011.

1. mx377

mx377 Junior Member

Hi,

Everything worked fine when I took it off but now it will not turn Right.

it is a RT 2

Any Ideas?

Thanks

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Remove the pump cover and check each right angle coil for magnetism with a screwdriver (or any type of metal object) while a helper briefly presses the right angle button. If the coils are receiving good power and ground you'll feel them pull on the screwdriver when it's held close to the coil nuts.

The coils responsible for right angle are the one with the red wire, and the red/black wire. Be sure to check them both and if you find no magnetism on one start back tracking with a test light through the harness checking for power, starting from the coils to see where you lose the power. Sometimes it's nothing more that a loose connection right at the coil but could be anywhere from there back to the controller so you must check the full path until you find the issue. Don't overlook the coil ground as well.

And be cautious while working around the plow while it's "live" with someone at the controls. Can't stress it enough. :salute:

3. mx377

mx377 Junior Member

Thanks for the info I will try that.... It does try to go right but when you hit the button it acts like there is a bolt holding the plow. (or back pressure)

If I lossen the hose it will turn real slow.

Thanks again for the reply