1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss plow will only go left when I shut the truck off and turn it back on.

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by jmartin797, Dec 8, 2010.

1. jmartin797

jmartin797 Junior Member

I have a 7.5' boss straight blade and when I first start the truck the plow will move left, I then move it right and when I try left again, it keeps moving right. Whatever I tried it would'nt move left again. I then shut the truck off and when I turn it back on it will move left, but only one time, and then back to non cooperation.

It seemed like something was wrong with the controller, or maybe wires were touching somewhere. I tried switching controllers and same problem. I really don't understand why it would work after I I shut the truck off and turn it back on. Any help would greatly be appreciated.
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Check the control harness all the way from the controller plug out to the bumper connector for any cut or worn wires, especially where the harness passes through or near a sharp edge such as the firewall pass through, radiator support etc. If it all looks great, pull the pump cover off and check the valve coil that has the green and blue wires attached for magnetism when the left angle function is pressed (be careful of blade movement). If it shows mag but doesn't angle left or continues to angle right replace the angle valve.