1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss plow weight

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by cameo89, Jan 16, 2008.

1. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

Does any one know the weight of a 7'6'' Boss RT3 Poly straight blade? minus the mount
    My guess is apx. 500 Lb's!!!!!
    My older RT2 Boss is 695 Lb's!!!!!

2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

3. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

I tried to open link, but my adobe reader is not working (for the last 6 months) it just freezes up my computer and shuts down, would some one mind opening link and post the weight.

Thanks, Yon

4. geereed

geereed Senior Member

It says 608

5. 10elawncare

10elawncare Senior Member

6. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

Thanks alot, I thought that it's a newer plow and a poly it would be lighter.

Yon

7. MisterG

MisterG Junior Member

Usually the Poly plows actually weigh more

8. same as mine

that is the plow on my bronco

but I added a spring and the shock (which I still want to find a better shock)
    Plus I use the pipe/yard guard until we stay frozen ( if we stay frozen)

Mine is the 1999 old style but I recall that steel was lighter but I like the
    poly/

tc

9. 10elawncare

10elawncare Senior Member

10. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

Thanks '10lawncare'' but mine is a 7'6'' @ 608 I dont understand how the poly weighs 24 lbs more than the steel

''Avatar'' What shock are you using, I just bought a new Boss shock, I had it on my 7'6'' Boss RT2 steel blade and it seemed to work okay! I think if I had two it would be better

Yon

11. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Because steel moldboard plows use the moldboard for some of their strength. When using a poly moldboard, they can't so they add more steel to the framework.

Common misconception.