1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

boss plow vs trailblazer

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by bradhow79, Feb 26, 2011.

1. bradhow79

bradhow79 Member

I was plowing a lot last night,when suddenly there was a trailblazer in front of me,have no idea how he got there so fast but needless to say there was a collision, broke the passenger side ram completely,other than that there is no visable damage.anyone have a good method to check the other components? (info I was in scoop and he somehow hit the front of the rightside wing as he came from my left)

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Other than bringing the plow inside and having it in the air and looking at everything not really. I guess aslong as it all operates fine I wouldn't worry about it to much.
  3. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

Last season (December '09) I had a driver put a truck on its side.

The plow (8' V) didn't look like it had been damaged, didn't leak, and insurance AND the plow shop checked it over.

I used the plow for the next snow storm on a different truck, and infact it was tweaked, ever so slightly, but tweaked nonetheless.

Insurance fixed it and I went on.

1/2 way through this season, the plow was starting to flop around ALOT, was getting to the point where it was plowing cockeyed.

I took it in, and the pivot pin had wore so badly that the center and one wing had to be replaced.

Sure, I should have looked at it more closely, but anyone around MN knows we're nearing alltime total snowfalls and I just flat out didn't have time to go over the plow with a fine tooth comb, plus the pin is the one hooked to the trip springs, not an easy one to glance at.

Ended up costing me $1300 in repairs. Plus I've had to replace both headlights (last style, with rivots that pop loose and headlight flops) AND put on a new cutting edge.

My dealer would have traded me $2,000 and my plow for a new one when they'd fixed the plow after it was in the accident. Right now I've put $1,800 into this one after the accident and still have a plow that's 3 years old.

Anyways, my point of this rambling story...??? Just because things look good, be prepared for repairs down the road. If it was hit hard enough to break the cylinder, that was a pretty good hit.
  4. bradhow79

bradhow79 Member

so i replaced the broken cylinder and adjusted the plow to sit level again,all seems ok
  5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like another thread about the insurance scam with the car pulling in front of him while he was plowing.
  6. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

Replace it. it should be totaled. The insurance co. will auction it off and make there money back.