1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Plow, V wont lift!

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by stranges12712, Jan 29, 2010.

1. stranges12712

stranges12712 Junior Member

Hey everyone im new here. My dads been plowing for over 20 years, me ive been doing it for 2. We have had our boss plow for about 10 years no problems now this winter they come. This morning I went out and the plow went up back down but now wont come up. It will still go side to side, V, itl do all that but it wont go back up. I cleaned the terminals already thought it was a bad connection or something but still nothing, i had to drive back home with the plow plowing city streets...so if anyone could help that would be greatful. Thanks.

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Try the search function or pull up the Boss forum. B & B just helped a guy through the same problem.

3. stranges12712

fixed it, took apart the controler and the white wire from the switch was snapped in half, so i stripped and soldered it back together.

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Glad you got it fixed.

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Happened to a friend of mine this season. He had the same broken wire so he put a jump wire on it till he finished plowing. I hate electrical problems.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Print this off and stow it in the truck along with a couple jumper wires. Saves any grief if the controller ever dies on you again.

I guess like many you weren't aware you can short chain a direct lift plow? Did you bill the city for the road cleaning? :D

7. stranges12712

Lmao ya i wish i could bill them, and no i wasnt aware, personally i think the design is weird because the joy stick moves right where that wire is i did a temp fix for now but i think it will break again and il just make a new wire from the switch to the plug. And thats a sweet little note to have, thanks.