1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss plow trips too easy

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by bilgoat, Jan 17, 2009.

1. bilgoat

bilgoat Junior Member

I have a 2005 3/4 ton Yukon XL. I just put bigger tires and a leveling kit (useing torsion keys on it). The plow now tends to trip easier. The plow is a Boss 7-6 Super Duty. I think maybe the angle is wrong or the springs need to be tightened. I just dont want to start cranking on stuff without some knowledge. It dosent happen on my blacktop drive. But i take care of a 85 year old WWII vet down the street. He has a 1/2 mile long drive way that is dirt. Before my vehicle mods the tripping was not a problem. Any ideas.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes, the plow mount is too high due to the fact that you raised the truck. Thats why it wants to "dig" and ultimately trip as you use it...because the A-frame is at too great of an angle in relation to the ground. For best effectiveness you want the A-frame to be as parallel to the ground as possible. And to do that you'll need to lower the push beam on the mount. Should have some adjustment left in it to do so.

3. bilgoat

bilgoat Junior Member

Thanks for the advice. Is the push beam the part the plow hooks into? I am guessing I can just remove the bolts and lower the beam using the exising holes.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Correct. Push beam = the part the plow hooks into.

If you have a few holes worth of adjustment left in the mount/pushbeam, simply remove the bolts and move it down to where it needs to be and your problem will be solved. :waving:

5. 04WhiteSport

04WhiteSport Senior Member

If I remember right, The bottom hole on the push piece should be 15 and 3/4 to the center off the ground per BOSS..... Try that!